MC E&O - Maintenance
Perform work associated with the installation, alteration and repair ofcarpet, vinyl compositiontiles, vinyl flooring, and other floor coverings.
- Perform flooring duties associated with the installation, alteration and repair of various floor coverings to include, but not limited to, carpet, VCT, vinyl, and ceramic tiles.
- Maintain liaison with supervisor and/or customers during project completions; report any issues during project to immediate supervisor or lead worker on the project.
- Gather materials and equipment needed for projects according to job specifications; once project approved, ensure availability of supplies and material by checking inventory and ordering additional materials as needed.
- Remove old flooring materials and prepare surfaces for new installations; remove and properly dispose of old materials.
- Maintain inventory of standard floor coverings; order new stock items as well as specialty items as needed; ensure that new stock items match existing stock.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification.
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
Requisition Number 401464471
Duke Entity MEDICAL CENTER
Job Code 202 CARPET/TILE MECHANIC
Job Family Level 06
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employercommitted to providing employment opportunity without regard to anindividual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, genderidentity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robustexchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity ofour perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achievethis exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feelsecure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals arerespected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our communityhave a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System mayinclude essential job functions that require specific physical and/ormental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests forreasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Work requires an educational background normally equivalent to a highschool education.
Work requires 2 years of broad experience in the installation,maintenance and repair of resilient and hard tiles to learn the methods,practices and procedures of the trade.OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE.
Auto req ID