Electrotechnician (Fibre Optics and Cabling - TTE Programme)
Are you a technician looking for a challenging professional experience to further your career? If so, joining CERN’s TTE programme may very well give you that challenge. This position as an Electrotechnician (Fibre Optics and Cabling) is part of our prestigious TTE programme.
The Fibre Optics and Cabling Section in the Electrical Engineering Group is responsible for the installation of fibre optics and copper cabling in the entire CERN accelerator complex and general infrastructure.
By joining the Section, you will be asked to actively participate in the preparation and work supervision of cabling installations. The activity includes:
- Establish installation requirements for signal cabling and DC-power cabling for the accelerator magnets;
- Take part in defining the cable cross-section and connector specifications;
- Assist the project managers in preparing technical work files for the contractors;
- Contribute in drafting the planning for cabling works and follow up with the contractors;
- Organize and manage worksite meetings;
- Verify the quality of the work performed by contractors;
- Organize maintenance and repair activities when required;
- Participate in similar, fibre optics, activities as required;
- Prepare work progress reports;
You will be guided to acquire the capacity of dealing with installations of increasing complexity. Your capacity of efficiently supporting and integrating the Section team will be a key aspect of your daily work.