Starting Salary Range: $60,342 – $83,034
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M/F, 8:30 - 5:00
Exempt Status: Salaried Exmpt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10003205-SOM Uro Urology
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The Department of Urology is seeking a registered nurse to assist in the day-to-day outpatient practice of an academic Urologist.
- Assist with new patient and follow-up visits in the outpatient clinic
- Work with patients to obtain outside medical records
- Speak with patients to answer questions regarding current medical conditions and upcoming surgical procedures
- Call patients to provide laboratory and other diagnostic test results
- Document contact with patients in the electronic medical record
- Complete and track all medical necessity letters, back to work letters, and family leave papers
- Call in new medication prescriptions and renewals
- Aid in coordinating and scheduling diagnostic testing
- Assist patients with referrals to other physicians and complete consult forms as needed
- Call patients to confirm appointments and verify their compliance with procedure requirements
- Send medical records to patients and other providers
- Help with other clinical activities as needed (e.g. taking vital signs, phlebotomy, removal of stents and drains, etc.)
- Assist with the enrollment and evaluation of patients participating in research studies / clinical trials
Must be a registered nurse licensed to practice in MD
Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 year clinical experience in an ambulatory (outpatient) setting
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Flexibility to adjust schedule to meet patient and staff needs
- Ability to manage time and stress effectively and adapt to unpredictable situations within the patient care setting
- Strong computer skills
- Experience with human subjects research is encouraged
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus