Research Program Assistant II
Starting Hourly Pay Rate Range: $14.00 - $19.25
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:30-5:00p
Exempt Status: Salaried Non-exmt
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10003495-SOM Oph Dana Center
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Under the supervision and direction of the investigators and study team members, the research assistant will help out with various activities vital to the large research study of glaucoma and vision screening in Baltimore. The Research Program Assistant II will be responsible for screening, recruitment, data collection, and data entry for ongoing research projects.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Recruit and consent potential study participants according to protocols’ inclusion and exclusion criteria; be knowledgeable of the protocols so that study activities are completed correctly, and in accordance with IRB regulations.
- Assists in developing recruitment strategies/places advertisements
- Coordinate and accompany patients to clinic. Helping with research testing.
- Adhere to guidelines regarding the sensitivity and confidential nature of patient information, including HIPAA regulations.
- Participate in weekly staff meetings to report on screening, recruitment, and data collection progress and resolve problems
- Abstracting data from paper and electronic medical records. Data entry in study database, resolving issues with missing data and data abstraction.
- Complete status update reports accurately and in a timely fashion to inform the study manager.
- Understanding Research patient Insurance coverage and providers. Assisting with patient visit scheduling and escorting patients during study visits
- Packing and Unpacking materials and equipment for transportation to/from screening events which will include some lifting of equipment.
- Support project lead in designing study forms
- Preparing study recruitment and education materials
- Operating basic office machines
- Lend general support to office as needed; includes filing, record keeping and other duties as assigned based on the needs of the research program.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Candidate must have exceptional organizational skills.
- Self-Starter with a high degree of initiative
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
High School Diploma or GED required. Two years related experience Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience.
Some college courses preferred.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus