Patient Account Analyst
SPECIAL PROGRAMS - VENDORS
General Description of the Job Class:
- Coordinate, prepare and analyze complex accounts and/or financial reports.
- Review and analyze trends, advise leadership regarding conclusions and recommendations.
- Serve as expert resource for covered areas
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level:
Analysis/Trending/Support /Liaison (90%)
- Conduct detailed research to identify aging trends, including a review of specifics to support or provide recourse for aged accounts/ write-off adjustments.
- Prepare written reports and analyses for leadership highlighting trends and appropriate recommendations/conclusions.
- Serve as an expert resource to leadership in the decision-making process. Plays an integral role in implementing and managing and change related to area of expertise.
- Maintain liaison with entity management and staff, documenting reports and analyses and discussing results, trends and recommendations.
- Act as a technical resource to operational management and staff on the appropriate interpretation of financial data. Coordinate and mentor staff regarding accounts receivable and financial systems, analyses, reports and policies/procedures.
- Identify process improvements, including staff education/training, operational workflow modifications, system enhancements and external payer policy changes and work with appropriate personnel to test new processes to implement proposed improvements.
- Maintain and update Issue logs related to service now tickets, process improvements and denial analysis trends.
- Organize and lead committee meetings across our entity as it relates to accounts receivable and or financial data operation improvements.
- Contributes to a positive working environment and performs other duties as assigned/directed to enhance overall efforts for the Duke Medicine.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
Technical Expertise (5%)
- Develop and maintain a working and effective knowledge of all functions performed by team
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of relevant payor billing requirements and reimbursement regulations
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of all Maestro Care and ancillary systems utilized by teams.
- Develop and maintain complete understanding of all operational policies and procedures relevant to team
- Develop and maintain working and proficient knowledge of personal computer software required for fulfilling management responsibilities, including: EPIC, Excel, Microsoft Word
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Data analysis and reporting Billing/Collections Insurance Claims Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint) Good communication skills (verbal and written) are essential
Requisition Number 401441777
Duke Entity PRMO
Job Code 5481 PATIENT ACCOUNT ANALYST
Job Family Level F2
Full Time / Part Time FULL TIME
Regular / Temporary Regular
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex,sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions:Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration, accounting, finance or a related field is required.
Four years of experience in healthcare accounts receivable, financial management, accounting or a directly related field is required.
Auto req ID