Assistant Director, Human Resources, Duke Raleigh Hospital
As part of the Duke University Health System, Duke Raleigh Hospital is a rapidly growing, 186-licensed bed hospital located in the heart of Raleigh, NC employing close to 1,600 caregivers in acute and ambulatory settings. Under the direction of the Chief Human Resources Officer, the Assistant Director of Human Resources is responsible for leading the daily operations of the Human Resources Department and transforming the delivery of human resources from transactional to consultative. The Assistant Director is to:
- Provide a proactive, practical and valued HR perspective in partnering with leadership on the application, interpretation and implementation of Human Resources policies and practices.
- Understand the business and partner with peers and colleagues to find creative solutions to complex human resources matters.
- Identify, anticipate, and respond appropriately to human resource needs across the hospital primary related but not limited to recruitment, employee relations, compliance/regulatory requirements, leaves of absence, orientation, and performance management.
- Cultivate a positive work environment that upholds Duke’s values. Model leadership behaviors and expectations. Lead HR team members effectively to achieve departmental and hospital goals. Develop HR team members to be poised for consulting and advising.
- Work with others in an approachable, engaging and respectful manner. Collaborate effectively with colleagues and peers across Duke University Health System and Duke Corporate HR.
- Identify opportunities for reducing and eliminating waste in processes and/or services and makes recommendations to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Take a lead role in planning hospital-wide employee events.
- Maintain current knowledge in general areas of HR including benefits, compensation, compliance/regulatory, employee relations, recruitment, performance management, payroll and DUHS policies and procedures in order to provide accurate and appropriate support.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong leadership skills and ability to lead up, across and down
- Working knowledge of a variety of human resources disciplines, including benefits, compensation, compliance/regulatory, employee relations, recruitment, performance management
- Effective communicator, with strong professional and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously, with organization and accuracy
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
DUKE RALEIGH HOSPITAL
5182 ASSIST DIR, HUMAN RES
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Work generally requires skills, knowledge, and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field.
- Minimum five years of experience in Human Resources required, sufficient to demonstrate expertise in:
- Strategic Human Resources planning
- Human Resources program development
- Analytical, project management and organizational skills
- Minimum 2 years of leadership experience preferred
- Previous hospital experience preferred
Degrees, Licensure, and/or Certification:
PHR, SHRM-CP, SPHR, or SHRM-SCP preferred
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Auto req ID: