MC E&O - Maintenance
Perform journeyman level carpentry work in the construction, renovation and repair of Medical Center buildings, additions, and fixtures; provide guidance and direction to labor team on assigned projects; coordinate work of team with other trades.
- Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned and a more comprehensive task list may be provided. Perform journeyman level carpentry work in the construction, renovation and repair of Medical Center buildings, additions, and fixtures to include floors, roofs, stairways, partitions, doors, windows, and screens from blueprints, sketches, and verbal instructions.
- Lead team of Duke and contractor construction carpenters and helpers to complete projects and service requests according to specifications and directions from supervisors. Plan work for the group ensuring adequate staffing to complete projects in timely and efficient manner; report staffing issues to supervisor. Interpret blueprints, plans, sketches and diagrams to properly complete assigned projects.
- Monitor and inspect work to ensure compliance the applicable codes and procedures; direct any rework or modifications. Ensure that employees and contract labor are properly trained to perform duties; ensure a safe work environment; ensure compliance with Medical Center and OSHA safety regulations.
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified.
529 PROJECT CARPENTER
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Work requires 5 to 7 years of broad experience in construction carpentry to acquire knowledge of the methods and techniques of the carpentry trade. Lead worker or project experience required. Valid N.C. Driver's license and a driving history acceptable under the guidelines of the Safe Driving Policy. OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Auto req ID: