Telehealth Technical Support
Coordinates and performs technical support related to telehealth initiatives including, but not limited to, facilitating video interactions for clinical care and patient remote monitoring initiatives within the Duke Health Technology Solutions (DHTS) Service Delivery organization. This team member will work closely with our members of the Duke Telehealth Office (DTO) and other verticals within DHTS teams to provide integrated technical and clinical services (ex. Digital Strategy Office (DSO) and Engineering (CTO)).
- This DHTS position will support the DTO and clinical stakeholders in current and future initiatives related to telehealth. This individual will assist in developing, documenting and providing training to clinicians and staff involved in delivering care through telehealth platforms. (S)He will be the primary technical support for telehealth clinicians in the field, including complex trouble shooting to ensure smooth delivery of telehealth sessions for patients and providers. This individual will support providers currently using any telehealth services, as well as onboarding providers who are new to various telehealth initiatives.
- Works with the engineering team to ensure documentation of technical aspects of telehealth are completed including, but not limited to technical workflows, issues that need to be addressed along with their solution, and assisting with training documents.
- Communicates to supervisor, physicians and other health care providers any changes that may impact ability to complete telehealth-based care along with anticipated resolution (if known)
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information.
- Promotes quality, comprehensive services to all customers through a team approach.
- Maintains an effective level of communication between and among staff. Encourages open communication and verbalization of opinions.
- Gives high priority to client satisfaction and anticipates client needs. Maintains confidentiality of employee and patient information.
Duties and Responsibilities of this Level:
- Implements applications, tools, processes and structures that assist end users with the management of telehealth services across platforms.
- Provides systems support, including troubleshooting and the configuration and testing of software.
- Ensures security of technology solutions with supervision.
- Participates in planning and providing customer training sessions on system use or revisions.
- Assists in making oral and written presentations to telehealth teams and DHTS team members across the COO, CTO, CHIO and CDSO verticals.
- Completes moderately complex tasks and portions of larger information system projects with direction.
- Updates system, operational and department documentation.
- Analyzes, modifies, designs and researches telehealth process improvements.
LEVEL 2- In addition to the duties described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will:
- Applies best practices to the management of the telehealth cycle.
- Analyzes customer requirements including the DTO, internal clinical departments and collaborate on patient self-training; researches, designs, acquires and implements innovative systems.
- Provides analysis and advanced support including hardware maintenance, trouble shooting, component replacement and repair, system monitoring and the installation and maintenance of software.
- Works with DHTS security related to technology solutions including maintenance and development of ISOPs as well as assisting in vulnerability management.
- Makes oral and written presentations to project teams, management, and other departments. May include instructions to patients.
- Coordinates and operationalizes simple to complex projects with direction.
- Initiates, writes and evaluates system, operational and department documentation.
- Identifies areas for procedural improvements. Provides detailed specifications describing functions to be automated.
LEVEL 3- In addition to the duties described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will:
- May function as a technical leader, either as a subject matter expert with proficiency in defined area(s) of the profession, or as a generalist, with a broad knowledge of all aspects of the profession.
- May function as a team leader, responsible for supporting management in day-to-day personnel oversight and workflow management activities.
- May conduct continuing education sessions and new employee training.
- Leads discovery sessions that document requirements and workflows, and proposes build to address customer needs.
- Optimizes departmental and interdisciplinary resources to maximize team.
- Has a leadership role in the evaluation and revision of existing information systems.
- Coordinates and operationalizes complex projects.
Bachelor's degree in a related clinical or technical field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required.
- Broad background in telehealth implementation and delivery.
- Experience in Cisco videoconferencing. Experience with additional videoconferencing platforms a plus.
- Customer service experience-preferred candidate will have experience with both patient and healthcare provider levels of customer service.
- Basic computer skills including understanding operating systems, various browser and phone systems.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement.
Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required.
Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Technical background necessary with experience in healthcare setting preferred.
- Experience with Epic electronic health record and Cisco teleconferencing a plus
- Broad telehealth experience, including telehealth experience in other electronic health record platforms a plus.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented
- Capable of functioning in cross-functional teams-both clinical and technical
- Ability to anticipate and adapt to changing healthcare/telehealth technology, medicolegal and business needs.
- Customer service
- Critical thinking
- Reporting on telehealth support systems
- Data analysis and trending
- Effective oral and written communication
- User technical support/training
- Ability to translate business process into a technical solution
- Basic knowledge of administrating Linux server
- Technical knowledge and computer skills, in order to support Windows platforms, Mac platforms, Windows applications and mobile computing devices
- In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 1, the Level 2 will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of project management
- Designing specifications for telehealth services
- Implementation of telehealth technical services
- Maintenance of telehealth technical services
- Cisco Video Endpoint installation, configuration & troubleshooting knowledge
- Advanced knowledge of installation, configuration & troubleshooting Linux servers
- In addition to the KSAs described for the Level 2, the Level 3 will demonstrate:
- Ability to lead discovery sessions
- Advanced technical consultation and support
- Ability to design and scale telehealth clinical services
- Implementation of scaled telehealth services based on organizational strategies.
- Advanced technical knowledge of WebRTC technologies
- Advanced technical knowledge of troubleshooting SIP call flows
3844 DHTS IT ANALYST
Job Family Level
Full Time / Part Time
Regular / Temporary
Duke University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essential job functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.
Bachelor's degree in a related field, or four years of equivalent technical experience required. LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: Credential requirements will vary, depending on work area.
Level 1 - No experience required beyond the minimum education (or equivalency) requirement. Level 2 - Two years of related experience is required. Level 3 - Four years of related experience is required.
Degrees, Licensures, Certifications
Auto req ID: