Associate Professor in Strategy and Innovation in Established Companies
The Department of Industrial Economics and Technology Management is announcing a permanent position as associate professor or full professor in managerial economics with focus on value chains and markets.
Information about the Department
The department is organized into six sections:
- Managerial Economics, Finance and Operations Research
- Health, Safety and Environment Management
- Strategy and Business Development
- Operations Management
- Experts in Teamwork
- Section of Economics and management (NTNU Gjøvik)
The position is with the group for strategy and business development. This is a collaborative research group with several internationally recognized researchers that are active in national and international research projects. The group collaborates closely with trade and industry and the public sector. The group’s teaching duties is coupled to the departments master program in industrial economics and technology management which is one of the most popular master programs in Norway.
Scope of work
- Teaching in strategy and innovation.
- Research in the discipline that leads to publications.
- Externally funded research projects.
- Implementation of courses according to current study program, and development of the discipline and teaching plan.
- Academic responsibility with the groups other faculty.
- Advising of the group’s master and doctoral students in their discipline.
- Examination work.
- Administrative tasks.
The position requires:
- Scientific qualifications of at least the doctoral level in areas such as innovation and strategy in established companies. We especially seek candidates with background in one or more of the following areas: Strategic problem solving and formulation, innovation management, collaborative innovation at different levels, organizing innovation in established companies, learning in innovation processes, the role of knowledge in innovation and strategy.
- Documented experience with teaching and advising in strategy and innovation. The candidate must be able to teach and advise master and PhD students in strategy and innovation. Included, but not limited to strategic problem solving and formulation, innovation management, strategic leadership, organizing innovation in established companies.
It is seen as positive if the applicant:
- Can document research experience with both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Can document experience with developing new courses in innovation and/or strategy.
- Can document ability to initiate and lead research and development.
- Can document experience with collaboration with other researchers and industry.
- Can document ability and opportunities for collaboration with engineering disciplines at NTNU.
Applicants must have published their research in internationally recognized journals within the research area. Scientific articles published in the last five years with relevance for the research area indicated above will weigh strongest in the evaluation and ranking. We desire an active researcher to fill this position, and consider the scientific publication record in light of how long ago the candidate received their PhD.
Personal skills such as flexibility, collaboration ability and motivation to contribute to a good job environment will count strongly in the evaluation and ranking.
Any person employed without university pedagogic competence and without documented equivalent qualifications, will be required to attend and complete a course in university pedagogics within two years. NTNU offers such courses.
Pedagogical qualifications will also be evaluated. The evaluation will be based on documented pedagogical material, pedagogical education, presentational skills in your scientific work and experience from Ph.D. - or master level counselling, and teaching and pedagogical background of other sorts. Total quality will be evaluated. The best qualified candidates will be invited to do a trial lecture and have an interview at the department.
For further information:
Payment and Working conditions
The appointment is in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants. The employee is expected to accept possible changes in work tasks. Primary residency in Trondheim is a prerequisite.
The total obligation to work is divided into research within the field, teaching and administration. The division between these fields of work obligation will vary, but approximately equal time should be devoted to research and teaching.
Employees in academic positions who are not already fluent in a Scandinavian language must within three years obtain knowledge of Norwegian or another Scandinavian language at an equivalent standard to level three in the Norwegian for Foreigners courses provided at the Department of Language- and Communication Studies. The University provides such courses.
- salary from kr. 555 100, - to kr. 731 400, - depending on competence, in the position as Associate Professor (code 1011)
- Academic challenges
- An open and including work environment
- Attractive schemes for home loans, insurance and pensions in the Norwegian Public Service Pension Fund
Applicants must, within the application deadline submit these following documents in the application website www.jobbnorge.no:
- CV and authorized documentation of certificates and study records.
- Academic work (normally 5-10 such submissions for Associate Professors and 15-20 such submissions for Professors).
- A description of all the academic work that the applicant considers most significant and that he/she wants the evaluation committee to pay particular attention to.A list of all publications with bibliographical references.
Joint work will be evaluated. If it is difficult to identify the contributions from individuals in a joint piece of work, applicants should enclose a short descriptive summary of what he/she contributed to the work.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, disabilities or cultural background. NTNU is an inclusive workplace.
Information about the applicants may be open to public inspection according to the Freedom of Information Act.
Further information about the position is available by contacting Professor Alf Steinar Sætre, phone +47 735 91013 or email email@example.com or Professor Elsebeth Holmen, +47 954 84 485 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
An application including attachments should be sent electronically through: www.jobbnorge.no.
Application deadline: 20.09.2018
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Deadline Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Place of service Gløshaugen
- Jobbnorge ID 154434
- Internal ID 2018/18322
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Permanent
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!
More searches like this
- Permanent Business & Management Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Norway
- Permanent Education Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Norway
- Permanent Social Sciences Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Norway
- Permanent Business & Economics Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Norway