Research Assistant in Mechanical Engineering
Organization Name ARIC
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- To support in manufacturing and production of carbon/glass composite parts for sports and recreation industry
- Develop 2D/3D models for product development using CAD
- Analyze the functionality of the models developed using simulation software
- Prototype manufacturing and testing
- Support pilot batch manufacturing
- Developing tools and mandrels using CAM and CNC machinery
- Generating bill of materials based on product
- Adhere to ISO 9001 design and development practices
- Assist University students in their senior design projects
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline with preference for Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering/ Materials Science
- At least 5 years’ experience in fiber reinforced composite industry
- At least 3 years hands on experience in composite layups
- Knowledge of tool design and manufacturing
- Thorough knowledge of composite manufacturing processes (Prepregs, LCM processes and thermoplastics processing)
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM software, NDT techniques
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement