Senior Administrative Coordinator
Classified Title: Sr. Administrative Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/03/OF
Starting Salary Range: $19.62-$27
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00
Employee subgroup: Salaried Non-exmt
Location: 601 N Caroline Street
Department name: 10003165-SOM Rad Diagnostic Imaging
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
Provide direct administrative support services to the Section Chief, Ultrasound & Biopsy Director and other faculty for the Division. Coordinate a variety of projects based on the faculty member’s clinical and academic responsibilities.
- Provide direct administrative support to the Section Chief, Ultrasound & Biopsy Director
- Prepare and disseminate the monthly and weekly clinical rotation schedules alongside the Section Chief, Ultrasound & Biopsy Director
- Process departmental procurement request via procurement card
- Maintain and follow appropriate policies and procedures for procurement card
- Provide administrative assistance for 6 clinical faculty members
- Execute calendar management for all assigned clinical faculty members
- Coordinate a variety of special projects including conferences and research grants
- Compose correspondence for internal/external communication
- Arrange and prepare faculty for meetings
- Type manuscripts, CVs, bio-sketches, and general correspondence
- Maintains office administrative supplies
- Serve as point of contact for the Ultrasound & Biopsy Division
- Maintain other administrative duties such as filing, mailings, copying, faxing, and catering
- Work collaboratively with the Expense Core to gather supporting documentation for review and reconciliation of sponsored and non-sponsored expense statements
- Process shopping carts and online check request to initiate vendor payments
- Other duties as required
High School Diploma or GED. 5 years progressively responsible administrative experience.
Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Two years college or Bachelor's degree preferred. Familiarity with the JHU SAP system preferred.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills with accuracy. On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area. Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion. Will have intra-departmental interface with Faculty and staff; excellent customer service skills needed. Experience with Microsoft Office suite applications. Comfortable in fast-paced and demanding environments. Strong organizational skills (email folders/filing systems).
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
Must be able to sit for long period of time, and must be able to climb at least 4 flights of stairs.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information