Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.25-$23.72
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00
Employee subgroup: Salaried Non-exmt
Location: 711 Rutland Ave
Department name: 10003174-SOM Rad MR Research
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Coordinates office services such as purchasing and other administrative activities for the head of the Division and multiple Section Chiefs in the MR Research Division of Radiology; Interprets operating policies; exercises independent judgment in resolution of administrative problems. Participates in the development of budgets and ad-hoc reports. Will provide administrative support to multiple faculty and staff, including special projects, credentialing, office work flow, appointments, correspondence, budgets, data compilation and records control. May perform duties of a sensitive and confidential nature.
- Coordinates and implements office services such as purchasing, records control, event planning and budget accounting operations
- Coordinates collection and preparation of financial and operations reports
Locates and compiles information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information
- Assembles and categorizes facts and figures for written computation and calculations
- Assists with special events planning including travel arrangements and expenses
- Operates personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software
- Maintains records through filing, retrieval, retention, storage, compilation, coding, updating
- Uses various software applications such as Microsoft Office, spreadsheets, and graphics packages to assemble, manipulate and/or format data and/or reports
- Types routine correspondence and reports using desktop or laptop computer
- Picks up and delivers materials as required. Opens, sorts and screens mail
- Answers telephone, screens callers, relays messages, and greets visitors
Knowledge of the SAP and credentialing experience is preferred for proof reading and edits of documents
- This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned
High School Diploma or GED. Three years of related experience required.
Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Two years college or Bachelor's degree preferred. Four years of related administrative experience preferred. Familiarity with the JHU SAP system strongly preferred.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
Candidate must have good oral and written communication skills with accuracy. On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area. Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion. Will have intra-departmental interface with Faculty and staff; excellent customer service skills needed.
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
Must be able to lift 25 lbs., Must be able to sit for long period of time, and must be able to climb at least 4 flights of stairs.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus