Research Program Assistant
Classified Title: Research Program Assistant
Working Title: Research Program Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $14-$19.25
Employee group: Casual / On Call
Employee subgroup: S1 Hrly Non-Exmpt
Location: 601 N Carolione Street
Department name: 10003165-SOM Rad Diagnostic Imaging
Personnel area: School of Medicine
This position will work independently and report to the PI to analyze CT images of pancreatic cancer patients to explore clinical utility of radiomics features in predicting prognosis. The work includes to compute radiomics features using our in-house developed software and to study the correlation to clinical outcomes.
- Analyze CT images to explore clinical utility of radiomics features in predicting prognosis.
- Collect information and data that supports study
- Will participate in the coordination of study participants and developing strategies to recruit to the study
- Create the statistical analysis for the study
- Enter data into our in-house developed software
- Prepare reports and study finding to present to PI
- Maintain research Files
- Study the correlation to clinical outcomes.
High School diploma/GED. 2 years related experience. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Mathematical understanding of classification (not limited to a specific methodology but experience of random forest or deep learning techniques is preferred) is required.
- Programming ability (C++, Python, Matlab, or R, etc.) is required.
- Knowledge of basic (bio) statistics is required.
- Knowledge of basic image processing (or computer vision) and geometry are preferred.
- Basic background of medical images (especially CT) and analysis experience is preferred.
Any specific physical requirements for the job:
Must be able to lift 25 lbs., Must be able to sit for long period of time, and must be able to climb at least 4 flights of stairs.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information