Postdoctoral Fellow in Physics
Organization Name Physics
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Lead the effort to design and carry out protein crystallization experiments.
- Lead the effort in protein separation and purification, and formulation of nanoparticle-protein dispersions.
- Help in the synthesis and control of nanoparticles and their surface properties.
- Help to design and conduct experiments involving the phase behavior of protein-nanoparticle dispersions.
- Participate in X-ray beamline experiments.
- Present and publish in international peer-reviewed conferences and journals.
- Assist in the building and maintaining of new (and existing) lab infrastructure.
- Assist in the training of graduate students.
- A PhD in chemistry, biochemistry, materials science, soft condensed matter physics or a related field is required.
- Candidates with research experience in nanoparticle synthesis, protein crystallization and structure measurements, and broad-spectrum multi-technique nanoscale measurement characterization are highly desirable encouraged to apply. Experience with X-ray crystallography and light scattering, electron microscopy, UV-vis spectroscopy, NMR, macromolecular chemistry, crystallization experiments, and/or protein and peptide biochemisty are will add greatly to a candidate’s application. A successful application should explicitly specify the skills the candidate brings to the project, and reference letters should address these skills.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement