CO Clinic Manager
Responsible for clinic operations, safety and revenue. Responsible for the operations and daily supervision of personnel in an outpatient clinic. Responsible for assuring the smooth flow of patients and paperwork, managing the administrative staff, managing the revenue cycle and refining operations to improve patient, family, provider, and employee satisfaction.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Create and maintain environment that promotes the safest possible standards, methods and operations to assure the safety of patients and employees.
- Supervise and set standards for daily productivity. Work with the Ambulatory Manager to communicate, manage and develop policies and procedures for the clinical operation.
- Facilitate the interview process by reviewing resumes, conducting phone screens, setting up in person interviews and check references
- Respond to patient and employee suggestions and complaints, in conjunction with the Ambulatory Manager, Nurse, and Clinical Director.
- Manage provider schedule and room assignments, including rotating fellows.
- Coordinate with Nurse, Ambulatory Manager as needed on issues of patient care.
- Assist Ambulatory Manager to reconcile monthly visit volume reports.
- Manage the clinic within standards of compliance for JCAHO and JHU billing practices.
- Oversee the JHU clinical revenue cycle. Develop timely, accurate reports and projections. Monitor on a month to month basis, and report variances. Take corrective action when necessary.
- Develop a process for financial clearance and counseling for patients.
- Assure that all authorization paperwork is retained and forwarded to appropriate billing staff.
- Resolves patient problems or refers patients to appropriate resources.
- Daily reconciliation of time of service payments.
- Ensures that clinical equipment is maintained in adequate working order and schedules maintenance.
- Assess and ensure needed resources for the clinical operation. Order inventory and maintain clinical supplies.
- Maintain physical facility and equipment.
- Manage installation and training for all clinical IT systems.
- Develop skills in EPIC and other related systems.
- Sign up people for epic recertification classes
- Coordinate forms on demand
- Approve shopping carts and monitor office supplies
- Approve E-210's, track vacation and sick requests and occurrences
- Request temporary staff for coverage
- Prepare provider letters for providers leaving/ fellow letters
- Facilitate fellows and new provider onboarding and orientation
- Develop and put together new patient policy manuals
- Manage HEDIS report, Hand Hygiene and V-Survey w/ Ambulatory Manager
- Manage incomplete registration daily reports
- Run Quarter RVU reports
Bachelor’s degree required. 3 years related experience. Previous supervisory experience required.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Knowledge of principles/practices of employee development to train, delegate and mentor staff in conjunction with the clinical trainer
- Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions to establish a safe work environment
- Knowledge of medical safety practices and requirement to evaluate existing standards and implement
- Skill in identifying problems, and researching and recommending solutions
- Skill in preparing and maintaining records, writing reports, and responding to correspondence
- Skill in developing and maintaining department quality assurance
- Skill in exercising high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public
- Ability to maintain quality control standards
- Ability to supervise the members of a health care team
- Ability to work with all departments and personnel levels
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situation
- Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures
- Ability to communicate clearly
Classified title: Clinic Manager
Starting Salary Range: $45,614 - $62,774 (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full-Time
Employee subgroup: Exempt
Schedule: Working 37.5 hours per week; Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00 pm
Location: Johns Hopkins Greenspring Station 1075 Falls Road
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
JH at Greenspring Station