Starting Salary Range ($s): 32,975.00 - 45,338.00
Employee group (Full time/Part-time/Limited/Casual): Full time
Schedule (hours/days): M-F, 37.5 hrs
Employee subgroup (FLSA Status): Non-exempt
Department name: Relationship Management
Personnel area (School): Development and Alumni Relations
The Development Coordinator provides administrative support and general office support to the Office of Relationship Management and the Technical Training Specialist. The Development Coordinator aids in managing relationship management records and resources, including entry and retrieval of database information. The Development Coordinator will also assist in customer support outreach and will provide support for user account provisioning. In addition, the Development Coordinator will support administrative needs of the Technical Training Specialist.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Relationship Management Duties (60%)
- Accurately and efficiently enter and retrieve data from the central fundraising database (ALADIN). Demonstrate a mastery of ALADIN queries and reports.
- Manage and maintain various ALADIN data, including proxy assignments, Development Representative Statuses, and prospect groupings.
- Support annual work plan goal data entry and reporting. Create and maintain work plan goal templates and maintain work plan group codes in ALADIN.
- Manage inactive staff portfolios and provide support for portfolio assignment transfers. Notify RM staff of Development staffing changes and review and approve all portfolio transfer requests.
- Query and compile ALADIN data for regular relationship management portfolio and pipeline projects as well as monthly, quarterly and annual office reports.
- As requested by RM staff, perform assignment changes in ALADIN.
- Support the RM Liaison Group with meeting preparation, note-taking and maintaining the membership list.
- Support the annual portfolio clean-up initiative. Educate coordinators on expectations and process, address questions and concerns from DAR staff, and fix issues as they arise. Perform any related data entry.
- Support RM data integrity efforts. Perform weekly, bi-monthly and monthly data maintenance, alert gift officers and coordinators of data integrity needs, and provide customer service as needed.
2. Customer Support Duties (20%)
- Oversee the Relationship Management queue in the ServiceDesk system. Reply to customer inquiries in a timely matter and address questions or escalate tickets as warranted.
- Assist in documenting FAQs and procedures to add to the ServiceDesk Knowledge Base.
- Maintain the provisioning of roles for incoming and outgoing Development staff. Perform regular audits to ensure roles are up-to-date and accurate for staff members.
3. Training Duties (10%)
- Assist the Technical Training Specialist with administrative support for meeting scheduling, preparing materials for meetings, and note-taking.
- Assist the Technical Training Specialist by looking up training attendees to ensure they’ve taken prerequisite classes. Run reports in the Learning Management System and send follow up materials to class attendees.
- Maintain the technical training calendar, room reservations and required materials in collaboration with the Learning & Development team.
4. Administrative Duties (10%)
- Perform day-to-day administrative support for the above-listed departments. Assist with scheduling and preparing meeting materials as needed. Attend meetings as requested to take and distribute minutes. Maintain membership lists for relevant groups.
- Manage daily administrative operations of the office. Establish systems and procedures for administrative support activities. Maintain office filing systems and office equipment inventories. Manage office supply and work orders.
- Prepare drafts of office documents and communications for approval and distribution by the Director as needed.
5. Other projects as assigned
High School Diploma/GED required. Bachelor’s degree preferred. Three years related experience required. Additional education may substitute for required experience.
Skills and knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of office systems, practices and administration.
- Experience working with a database to enter and retrieve data and run simple database queries.
- Ability to learn new software programs and databases, such as ALADIN, Jira, Tableau, etc.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with a variety of colleagues and to work as an effective member of a team.
- Ability to work under moderate pressure and time constraints and to prioritize tasks independently.
- Outstanding organization, planning and analytical skills. High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Possess strong problem solving abilities and be able to exercise independent judgment and initiative as appropriate.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills and listening skills.
- Capable of appropriately handling confidential and proprietary information, and use sound judgment in working with sensitive material.
- Experience in complex fundraising organizations, particularly in higher education or healthcare institutions, is preferred
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
JH at Keswick