Research Data Assistant
Classified Title: Research Data Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $14.35 per hour
Employee group: Limited
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Employee subgroup: S1 Hrly Non-Exmpt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10001619-Homewood Campus Safety Security Services
Personnel area: University Administration
Under the close supervision of Security leadership, support safety and security related data collection, processing as well as analysis to assist management in making operational decisions.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Assists with security-related data collection, interpretation, utilization, and sharing of statistical information operations for Johns Hopkins University and Johns Hopkins Medicine.
- Under guidance from Security leadership assist in gathering and translating business requirements into functional/technical specifications and designs.
- Assists with tactical crime analyses, identifying current crime series trends and hot spots. May assist with the preparation of tactical action plans, at the request of Security leadership.
- Gathers data on criminal activity from other law enforcement agencies in order to support the study and analysis of past and existing crime series, patterns, and trends; uses and maintains general and specialized computer applications in order to gather, categorize, and analyze crime data.
- Supports the development of written and oral presentations, design and prepare table, figures, charts and graphs to illustrate analytic findings and to inform members of the Security operations team of emerging or existing crime series, patterns, and trends, as well as suspect and victim profiles.
Minimum qualifications (mandatory):
HS diploma required with 1-2 years of completed college study.
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Proficiency with the Microsoft suite particularly Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize work with some direction
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information