The Department of Oncology is currently searching for a Full Time Administrative Coordinator to coordinate the office services and research grant actions for the Division, Division Directors, and other faculty members within the program, as well as other laboratory members within the Oncology Center, Division of Hematologic Malignancies.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains electronic calendar for department faculty.
- Generates minutes and Agenda for monthly meetings.
- Coordinates and implements office services such as purchasing, records control, projects and budget accounting operations.
- Monthly reconciliation of budgets. Assists with preparation of grants, contracts, FDA submissions.
- Locates and compiles information and formats reports, graphs, tables, records and other sources of information.
- Maintains an organized filing system.
- Works independently.
- Determines priorities and maintains a high degree of professionalism.
- On a regular and continuous basis, exercises administrative judgment and assumes responsibility for decisions, consequences, and results having an impact on people, costs, and/or quality of service within the functional area.
- Exchanges non-routine information using tact and persuasion as appropriate requiring good oral and written communication skills
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Operate personal computer to access e-mail, electronic calendars, and other basic office support software such as PowerPoint, Excel and Microsoft Word
- Ability to answer a multi-line telephone system and field calls as appropriate
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about
- This description is a general statement of required major duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. It does not exclude other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED and three years of related experience required. Additional education may be substituted for years of work experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU Equivalency formula.
Two years college or equivalent work experience.
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits or 18 graduate degree credits = 1 year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college coursework may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Role/Level/Range: ATO / 2 / OE
Salary: $16.91 - $23.25
Work Schedule/Hours: Monday-Friday/8:30-5:00pm/40 hrs.
Location: East Baltimore Campus
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: