Research Data Analyst
Salary: $22.50 - $37.92 / hour
Work Schedule/Hours: Monday-Friday/19 hours
Location: East Baltimore
Personnel area: School of Nursing
We are currently seeking a Research Data Analyst for the Center for Innovative Care in Aging at the Johns Hopkins School of Nursing. The successful applicant will work with an interdisciplinary team of faculty. Under the supervision of faculty investigators, the data analyst will collaborate on innovative Center and grant-funded research projects that focus on health and well-being of older adults, their families, and/or communities.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Conduct statistical analyses for clinical trials and large epidemiological and longitudinal studies using standard statistical software packages (e.g., SAS, STATA).
- Design and prepare tables and figures to illustrate analytic findings.
- Collaborate with statisticians, epidemiologists, social scientists, and clinicians in drafting of statistical design, methods, and analysis sections for reports, scientific papers, and grant proposals
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, computer science, epidemiology, statistics, demography or a related scientific field is required.
- Three years of related experience required. Additional education (Master's level) may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Strong quantitative skills, experience with data management, and applied data analysis, including mediation and moderation analyses is required.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently.
- Three years of related experience is required. Additional education (Master's level) may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Master’s degree preferred.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: