Starting Salary Range: $49,216.00 - $67,734.00
Employee group: Full-Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri 8:30-5:00
Location: 04-MD:School of Medicine Campus
Department name: 10003182-SOM Sur Transplant Surgery
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
The successful candidates will utilize advanced mathematical, statistical, and computing tools to advance specialized scientific research interests of Clinical Research projects in the Division of Transplantation at Johns Hopkins School of Medicine. The main job responsibilities are to implement simulation models, decision models, and optimization models, with related analysis, to support PIs in research projects relevant to transplantation.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Use advanced knowledge base to formulate and analyze simulation models, decision models, statistical models, and optimization models.
- Write and document custom code in Python or other general programming language to facilitate simulation and other studies.
- Assist in writing grant proposals for research, utilizing the application of specialized knowledge with discretion and judgment.
- Coordinate own objectives and those of project team members at JHU.
- Provides data verification based on specialized skill and knowledge.
- Co-author/ author publications. Contribute original thoughts, hypotheses, and analysis to write reports, abstracts and manuscripts.
- Presents original research at weekly lab meetings as requested by PI.
- Speak at or attend conference representing issues and Hopkins research.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Operations Research, Management Science, or other related field.
- 1 year of related experience (significant independent research project(s) as part of a degree program can be considered as related experience).
- Additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Master’s degree in related discipline. Experience with operations research
Special knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to read and comprehend research requirements, and to execute programming, simulation, and modeling tasks to facilitate computational healthcare research studies.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Solid planning and organizational skills, ability to prioritize work independently.
- Sound working knowledge of Python or other general programming language, statistical software for data analysis, and decision modeling and optimization software are desirable.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: