The Sr. Biostatistician is responsible for the statistical design and analysis of clinical and laboratory studies. Coordinates the use of standard and non-standard biostatistics or bioinformatics methodologies for the design of studies and the production of statistical analyses. Collaborates with investigators in the preparation of presentations and publications. Functions largely independently to solve problems posed by clinical and laboratory investigators with supervision by the Director of Oncology Biostatistics and Bioinformatics.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Consults with clinical and laboratory investigators to determine their needs with respect to statistical design of studies and proposes appropriate designs.
- Recommends appropriate methodologic procedures for statistical analysis; overall descriptive statistics; exploratory data analyses, including graphs, summary statistics, and necessary transformations; and confirmatory data analyses, including statistical tests and/or models.
- Performs sample size and power calculations, generates randomization schema, and writes statistical sections for research protocols and manuscripts.
- Prepares written reports of statistical analyses, including relevant statistical theory, references, methods, results, and conclusions.
- Makes significant contributions of conclusive thought to publications
- Writes statistical design, methods, and analysis sections for research proposals.
- Writes computer code to evaluate study designs and to accomplish the actual statistical analyses.
- Interprets and analyzes the results of statistical analyses.
- Prepares interim and final reports of studies.
- Discusses with colleagues, investigators, and supervisor the need for any additional analyses and/or special methodologic requirements.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings with study investigators and team.
- Prepares progress reports as needed
- Participates on the Protocol Review Committee
- Maintain appropriate systems for database-associated management.
- Keep abreast of technical and academic resources related to statistical methodology relating to study design and analyses.
Master's degree in biostatistics, epidemiology, or related quantitative field and three years related experience required. Demonstrated ability on significant graduate project or additional doctoral education may substitute for experience. Doctorate desired.
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Work Schedule/Hours: Monday-Friday/8:30-5:00pm/37.5 hrs.
Location: East Baltimore Campus
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: