Director of Recruitment and Marketing
Starting Salary Range: $68,456 - $94,063
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Employee subgroup: Salaried Exmpt
Location: 01-MD:Homewood Campus
Department name: 10001470-Communications
Personnel area: Whiting School of Engineering
The Director of Recruitment and Marketing will develop and maintain a comprehensive recruitment and marketing program for the Whiting School of Engineering and align those activities with university-wide communications, marketing, and branding initiatives. Reporting to the Assistant Dean of Marketing and Communications, the director will be responsible for setting and implementing a strategic plan for meeting targeted growth goals for the on-site and online graduate programs in the Whiting School of Engineering. The position will direct the development, planning, implementation and evaluation of student recruitment and yield activities.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee and manage recruitment and marketing efforts for Whiting School of Engineering master’s and doctoral degree programs, with a focus on developing, implementing, and maintaining a strategic recruitment and marketing plan to increase numbers of high-caliber applicants and enrollees.
- Serve as primary-liaison to the Engineering Professional Program creating annual goals and metrics based on applicant retention and conversion to application and admittance.
- Initiate and Lead recruitment efforts for graduate students by monitoring applications, reporting on trends, monitoring recruitment expenditures.
- Promote a recruitment strategy that is aligned to overall goals of the Whiting School for both the full and part-time programs, including recruiting a diverse student body.
- Manage and monitor digital advertising campaigns, including paid search, banner advertising, affiliate placements, and direct publisher placements.
- Responsible for competitive analysis of recruitment and marketing trends in the full-time (on-site) and part-time (on-line) graduate program environments.
- In conjunction with WSE departments, develop marketing materials and coordinate communications with prospective applicants.
- Initiate receptions for student groups, visits to corporate partners, as well as support other programs such as online information sessions.
- Work with the campus community as well as national and international organizations to support the successful recruitment and retention of underrepresented students.
- Travel on recruitments trips to entities that include universities, corporate partner, etc, and represent WSE at recruitment fairs and similar events.
- Responsible for graduate student enrollment data analysis and management in contribution to university rankings metrics.
- Collaborate with academic leadership to ensure operational activities within the admissions office are streamlined and productive.
- Oversight and management of at least three marketing and recruitment staff.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) required.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience in communications or marketing in higher education, or related field.
- Additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
Special Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience exhibiting exceptional judgment, strong leadership skills, and collaborative work style
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral; strong creative skills with excellent graphic and design sense.
- Proven ability to recommend, design, and implement new initiatives; experience in applying innovation and strategic, long-term thinking.
- Experience with producing communications materials to support fundraising initiatives and alumni/community engagement
- Skill in engaging with constituencies across multiple channels; demonstrated use of both traditional and emerging media platforms.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in a team, and manage multiple and competing priorities to ensure production of high-quality work in a dynamic, deadline-oriented environment.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at firstname.lastname@example.org. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information: