Research Program Assistant
Starting Salary Range: $12.51/hr - $16.44/hr
Employee group: Part Time
Exempt Status: Non-exempt
Schedule (hours/days): M-F 8:30 – 5 or for half days 9am-1pm or 1-5pm
Location: 1830 E Monument St 8th Floor
Personnel area: School of Medicine
Position performs participant recruitment, interviewing, surveying, and tracking; quality control; and data entry for a research study related to hypertension.
Specific duties & responsibilities:
- Using internal software tools, database, and script guidelines, reach out to candidates on the phone to speak with them about the project, determine eligibility, and record responses to interview questions.
- Perform informed consent, and run participants through study assessments and behavioral intervention (delivered by computer)
- Ensure security, quality, and confidentiality of data by following policies and procedures
- Schedule follow up visits and follow patient retention procedures including reminder calls, text messages
- Complete data entry regarding participant information.
- Complete all training in a timely manner.
Additional administrative tasks may include:
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Assist project manager as necessary regarding typing, filing, faxing, mass mailings, chart review, and literature searches.
- Assist in preparing recruitment and tracking update reports.
- Assist in preparing monthly quality control and data management reports.
Reliable transportation required.
High school/GED required. Some college courses preferred. Some related experience required. Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at email@example.com. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
The following additional provisions may apply depending on which campus you will work. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
During the Influenza ("the flu") season, as a condition of employment, The Johns Hopkins Institutions require all employees who provide ongoing services to patients or work in patient care or clinical care areas to have an annual influenza vaccination or possess an approved medical or religious exception. Failure to meet this requirement may result in termination of employment.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
EEO is the Law
Important legal information
School of Medicine - East Baltimore Campus