Postdoctoral Research Associate in Chemistry
The Department of Chemistry has an opening for a postdoctoral research associate or more senior position in experimental physical chemistry at Princeton University. The successful applicant should have experience in the following:
- personally built or modified a single-molecule microscope from scratch, and/or personally set up a ultrafast spectroscopy instrument from scratch;
- extensive experience in LabView and Matlab programming (optional C programming);
- extensive experience in time-correlated single-photon counting (TCSPC) instrumentation including the use of NIM bin modules;
- strong background in fundamental chemical physics, including statistical thermodynamics;
- proven track record of productivity;
Education Required - Doctorate Degree in Physical Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, or related areas
- knowledge and/or bench-top experience of biochemistry and cell biology;
- protein mutation, expression, purification, and labeling;
- nano-materials functionalization;
- numerical methods;
- fluid dynamics;
This position is for one year with the possibility of renewal pending satisfactory performance and continued funding. This position is subject to the University's background check policy.
Applicants must apply online at https://www.princeton.edu/acad-positions/position/7444 and submit a cover letter, CV, statement of research and contact information for 3 references.