School Manager, UNSW Business School
- Provide operational leadership in the day to day running of a School
- Ongoing full-time role
- $102,567- $115,564 plus 17% superannuation
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
UNSW is currently implementing a ten-year strategy to 2025 and our ambition for the next decade is nothing less than to establish UNSW as Australia’s global university. We aspire to this in the belief that a great university can make an enormous difference to the lives of people in Australia and around the world.
UNSW Business Schools key goals are to provide high quality, relevant education in each discipline; contribute internationally to recognised research; encourage excellence in the practice of the disciplines through actively participating in government, community and private sector debates and decision making and to foster and sustain the curiosity, creativity, lifelong learning and development of our staff and students.
This role will suit operationally focused professionals with a blend of administrative and people management experience and skills. Reporting to the Head of School, and part of the administrative management team of fellow School Managers, you will contribute to the development and implementation of procedures and systems that support the efficient operational management of the School.
The School Manager will be responsible for the efficient day to day operational management of the School and act as a change champion supporting the delivery of the 2025 Strategy.
The successful School Managers will:
- Work with the Head of School (HoS) and Faculty General Manager (GM) to advance, develop, evaluate and maintain teaching and research strategies that align with the Faculty’s mission, and provide strategic management advice to the HoS on the full range of School activities and performance;
- Provide operational leadership and advice in the day to day running of the School and provide leadership in a change process as we deliver our 2025 strategy;
- With the HoS, plan, manage and allocate human, physical and financial resources to deliver School services in all functional areas e.g. teaching and learning, research and research training and administration;
- In line with Faculty and University plans and processes, manage, advise and report on a range of functional areas concerning budgets and finances, human resources, facilities and physical resources, records and information systems, communications and marketing, and student administration;
Skills and Requirements:
With a Degree in a relevant discipline and at least five years of management experience, the ideal candidate will possess:
- Proven ability to consult with and influence a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated analytical and complex problem-solving skills.
- Extensive experience in supervising, developing and managing staff.
- Proven ability in management of budgets and financial and other resources.
- Skills in strategic and resource planning, goal setting and project management.
- Experience in process improvement practices or leading change process.
Applicants should systemically address the selection criteria found within the position description in their on-line application. If an application does not systematically address the selection criteria it may not be considered.
Ben Richards, Talent Acquisition Lead
Applications close: 23:59 on Sunday 5th August 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at jobs.unsw.edu.au
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Please disable "Pop-up Blockers" to view Position Description Document