Research Engineer in Chemical Engineering
Organization Name Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication.
- The candidate will function somewhat independently, design, organize and conduct experiments relevant to extraction of pollutants from water or wastewater using ionic liquids or deep eutectic solvents. In addition, the candidate will summarize findings and publish results in research journals; assume general responsibility for scientific operations of the laboratory; provide supervision and guidance to junior graduate students and interns.
- BSc in chemical or environmental engineering. MSc in chemical or environmental engineering can be considered as experience.
- The candidate must have hands-on experience with green solvents, especially ionic liquids and deep eutectic solvents. In addition, he/she must have experience in water and/or wastewater treatment
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement