Postdoctoral Fellow in Geoscience
Organization Name Geoscience
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Develop a new algorithm to calculate the complex phase- and ray-velocity of seismic body waves in anisotropic viscoelastic media.
- Develop a seismic ray-tracing method for multi-arrivals in arbitrary anisotropic viscoelastic media.
- Develop multi-arrival seismic anisotropic viscoelastic tomography (MA-SAVT), which reconstructs the anisotropic and attenuation structures by inverting the travel-times of multi-arrivals in carbonate reservoirs.
- Supervise post-graduate students.
- Code and test the following computer programs:
- Calculate the phase and group attenuation in anisotropic viscoelastic media.
- 2D and 3D seismic ray-tracing of multi-arrivals in anisotropic viscoelastic media.
- Jacobian matrix of multi-arrival for anisotropic and attenuation parameters of media.
- Nonlinear inversion algorithm for multi-parameters with geological structure constraints.
- Conduct synthetic and practical experiments of MA-SAVT.
- Prepare oral presentation or posters for international conference/workshop, and manuscripts for publications in journals.
- Supervise post-graduate students to conduct synthetic and practical experiments of MA-SAVT.
- PhD of Geophysics, or Applied Mathematics, or Computer Science
- Numerical seismic wave modelling or seismic ray-tracing.
- Seismic tomography or seismic traveltime/attenuation inversion.
- Computer programming using Fortran/C++/Matlab.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement
More searches like this
- Permanent Computer Science Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Mathematics & Statistics Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physical Sciences Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates
- Permanent Physics & Astronomy Other Research Related jobs in United Arab Emirates