Business Reporting Manager
The Customer Insight team sit within Marketing, whilst having a close working relationship with other departments within the business. Our goal as an insight team is to champion the use of data, reports and insight to build a deep understanding of our business, customers and market. Using the reports and insight to improve performance and create a competitive advantage for the business. Reporting is a key component of this journey.
- Responsible for supporting the development, communication and successful implementation of BPP’s reporting strategy.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders around the business to ensure their engagement with the strategy and understand the needs of departments. Translate this into high level requirements that can be integrated into a reporting road map in line with business priorities.
- Responsible for successful, timely and high quality delivery of BPP’s reporting requirements as defined within the reporting strategy and road map.
- As part of the development of reporting requirement, work closely with IT to ensure that there are robust and accurate data sources that fit with the reporting strategy. These data sources must allow automated updates to reports, stable connections, while allowing reports to be scalable.
- Ensure that data quality is assessed within all reports and a robust feedback loop is set up with the correct teams for continuous improvement in this area.
- Evaluate active reporting, establishing if it requires to be developed further, maintained or removed to align to the strategy and priorities.
- Develop a deep knowledge of BPP systems, databases and marts to support the prioritization and full understanding of what is possible to support reporting developments
- Manage the analysts within the team to deliver to goals and objectives as well as develop their skills and a personal development plan.
- Be the lead on best practice and industry advancement in the world of reporting, ensuring it is communicated to and incorporated into the team.
- Manage the network of report users around the business outside of the core reporting team by running working groups, knowledge sharing, training and facilitate the connection to the reporting team
- Training on SAS, Power BI and other highly used tools is available
- Personal Development courses are accessible from BPP’s wide range of courses for all employees
- Hold a numerate or IT degree (Or equivalent work experience)
- Experience of data manipulation and mining in a previous role (essential)
- Experience in building and maintaining reports (essential)
- Working experience in a commercially driven reporting or MI team (essential)
- Experience in managing a business’s reporting agenda (desirable)
- Experience in managing a reporting or MI team (desirable)
- Strong communication skills, ability to translate technical conversations for multiple audiences as well as communicating high level strategy in a clear and concise way
- Highly effective organisational skills. Proven track record of delivering to deadlines, with the ability to use resource effectively and creatively
- Ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders in order to deliver business goals
- Leadership, inspiring the team to deliver high quality work in an effective manner
- Management, provide direct reports with coaching, skill development and personal development
- Excellent analytical and numerical skills
- Confident in data mining and analyse databases to build reports; preferably using one of the following SAS, SQL, Python or R (desirable)
- Skills in building reports in reporting tools such as Tableau, Power BI etc.
- Well-developed problem solving ability, consistent approach to establish root causes of an issue and then establish creative solutions.
- Accurate, persistent with excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with the drive to succeed.
- Committed to continuous self-development and learning