A fantastic opportunity has arisen within the University of Bristol IT Services Division for an experienced IT Solution Architect. We have recently launched a new digital strategy for the University and are looking for a highly motivated individual to join our expanding IT Governance function. Higher Education presents a unique and stimulating environment, where the complex information needs of students, academics and professional services needs careful consideration.
The University of Bristol is an exciting and dynamic place to work, offering a stimulating and varied professional environment in the heart of the fabulous city of Bristol. Flexible working is one of the benefits our employees most value.
The post holder's main responsibilities will be focussed on the design and implementation of solution architectures for complex change projects within the University. The mission of the solution architect is technical leadership on one or more complex projects. A solution architect takes an end to end view of the project and ensures that the data, applications and IT infrastructure impacted by the project meet the business requirements and align to the IT strategy.
The successful candidate will:
- Act as the lead decision authority for the Solution Architecture design for assigned projects.
- Produce solution architecture designs in line with business need and architecture strategy.
- Direct the development of project solution architectures. It is expected that the design horizon for projects will be between 1 and 2 years.
- Work with Project Managers and Business Analysts to deliver Solution Architecture designs in line with project plans and business requirements.
- Direct system teams (both internal and supplier) to agree system boundaries, interfaces and changes to meet project requirements.
- Work with the IT Governance team to ensure that solutions align with policies, standards and patterns for technical architecture, information architecture, and security.
For more information and to apply for this opportunity, please send your CV & details of which position you are interested in, to Harvey Nash at Universityofbristol@harveynash.com, whom are our exclusive recruitment partner for this vacancy.
The closing date for applications is 23:59 on Sunday 29th July 2018.
The University is committed to creating and sustaining a fully inclusive culture. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and communities.