Senior Faculty Business Partner
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Student Support and Services function, led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellery (Academic), is moving towards a tiered service delivery model, that will deliver a central service for enquiry management whilst maintaining a local presence for specialised services. To enable this, a central team will be created comprised of four pillars which will work together, and partner with faculties, to deliver shared services and a great student experience. The Student Client Services department will drive the continuous improvement cycle for student services and will oversee the functions for enquiries management, student communications, business process improvement, and the partnership between shared services and Faculties.
About the role
- Senior Appointment – TRP to be negotiated with the successful candidate
- 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time 35 hours per week
The Senior Faculty Business Partner will be a member of the Student Services Leadership Group and make a proactive contribution to the culture and goals of the University.
The Senior Faculty Business Partner will head the team of embedded Faculty Business Partners (FBPs) located across UNSW faculties and will provide leadership and direction to deliver consistent and specialised student services within Faculties. This role will work collaboratively with the central team to deliver better outcomes for the overall UNSW community. With direction from this role, the FBPs and their teams will aim to support the Deans and senior leaders in the delivery of student services located in faculties, in accordance with agreed customer service standards, KPIs, and agreements.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A relevant tertiary degree with extensive senior level experience in business partnering and stakeholder management in addition to working across a variety of industries simultaneously
- Knowledge, experience and understanding of how a University environment works, and of how the various processes, functions and structures can operate independently, as well as in conjunction with each other to deliver services to students
- Superior relationship management skills (directly and through leading a team), with a demonstrable track record of fostering and maintaining strong and successful internal and external networks
- Demonstrated ability to provide strategic advice and operational support to Senior Executives and to influence as appropriate, to ensure successful outcomes
- Outstanding experience in leading and motivating a team of professionals to achieve key targets and strategic goals
- Demonstrated success in designing and delivering high level processes and procedures to ensure a high level of client satisfaction
- Demonstrated ability to build, and then facilitate the implementation of key program initiatives, programs and strategies across diverse stakeholders
- Successful record of managing multiple, complex initiatives, coupled with a genuine passion for customer service
- Expert judgement, creativity and flexibility to identify opportunities, generate new and innovative ideas and approaches and to solve complex problems
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Nikki Hayes, Talent Acquisition Projects Lead
T: (61 2) 9385 3169
Applications close: 12th August 2018
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity