Head of Admissions and Scholarships
- One of Australia’s leading research & teaching universities
- Vibrant campus life with a strong sense of community & inclusion
- Enjoy a career that makes a difference by collaborating & learning from the best
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
The Student Support and Services (SSS) function, led by the Deputy Vice-Chancellery (Academic), is moving towards a tiered service delivery model that will deliver a central service for enquiry management whilst maintaining a local presence for specialised services. To enable this, a central team will be created comprised of four pillars which will work together, and partner with faculties, to deliver shared services and a great student experience.
The Student Services and Systems pillar will have oversight of the functions that enable student services, including the management of systems, reporting and analytics that will be leveraged to deliver improved service outcomes for students. The team focus will be on managing student admissions, scholarships, the UNSW Co-op Program, Student Lifecycle, Academic Administration, Student Reporting & Analytics and Student Systems & Projects. The Head of Admissions and Scholarships will oversee the admission of students and awarding of scholarships, loans, and grants.
About the role
- Senior Appointment – TRP to be negotiated with the successful candidate
- 17% superannuation and leave loading
- Full-time 35 hours per week
This role contributes to UNSW’s mission and objectives by providing policy analysis and strategic advice to senior managers on the provision of scholarships and grants, and admissions initiatives, as well as any arising issues and opportunities.
About the successful applicant
To be successful in this role you will:
- A relevant tertiary degree with extensive senior level experience in business partnering/stakeholder management or an equivalent level of industry knowledge gained through any other combination of education, training and experience
- Extensive experience and ability to lead and manage staff involved in the delivery of quality customer focused services to clients
- Outstanding relationship management skills (directly and through leading a team) and experience in effectively managing difficult situations, with a demonstrable track record of fostering and maintaining strong and successful internal and external networks, supporting successful organisational outcomes
- Advanced organisational skills, with proven experience in developing operational plans to manage workflows and meet deadlines in a high-volume environment while maintaining budget, quality and accuracy
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use innovative thinking when developing a robust approach or finding solutions to problems
- Advanced presentation skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to structure and articulate messages to different audiences at all levels
- Successful record of managing multiple, complex initiatives, coupled with a genuine passion for customer service
- Strong commitment to driving high-quality services and operations within a culture of continuous improvement and service transformation, with demonstrated success in creating impact and change
- Demonstrated skills in the use and user-level understanding of a range of computer applications and systems. Some familiarity with large students systems, timetabling systems, and the use of CRMs to support service delivery
- Proven experience as an excellent relationship builder, with acute advocacy and influencing skills, clear communication skills, and a track record of successfully managing internal and external stakeholder relationships
- Ability and capacity to direct and monitor the implementation and effectiveness of the safety management system
You should systematically address the selection criteria listed within the position description in your application. Please apply online - applications will not be accepted if sent to the contact listed.
Nikki Hayes, Talent Acquisition Projects Lead
T: (61 2) 9385 3169
Applications close: 12th August 2018
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity