Associate Professor in Mechatronics
SALARY RANGE: $139,700 to $153,659 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Professor in Mechatronics will provide outstanding research and academic leadership in the area of Mechatronics and promote the School within relevant corporate, government, industry, academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally.
This will include:
- Providing intellectual leadership within their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity, including emerging recognition as a public intellectual.
- Contributing to the leadership of major research projects, including internal and external collaboration to create new insights and opportunities.
- Demonstrating distinguished scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes (including for example in the cloud) at the national level.
- Contributing to the leadership towards the implementation of the University's Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in Mechatronics or a related area.
- Experience in leading teams, with a strong international scholarly publication record based on research or practice in the area of Mechatronics.
- Demonstrated ability to make a significant contribution to the Faculty's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates and inspires students to learn.
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations, with industry and with domestic educational and research institutions.
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership innovation and high motivation.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Associate Professor Ben Horan, Course Director - Mechatronics, Tel: +61 3 5227 2907 Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 12 August 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
More searches like this
- Permanent Engineering & Technology Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Geelong
- Permanent Electrical & Electronic Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Geelong
- Permanent Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Principal / Senior Lecturers / Associate Professors jobs in Geelong