Professor in Law
SALARY RANGE: An attractive package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Deakin Law School has undertaken a substantial investment in enhancing capability by recruiting exceptional academic educated at universities including Harvard, Stanford, Oxford, UC Berkeley and Michigan. These scholars bring a wealth of real-world experience and an ambitious research agenda. We are seeking to build on that transformational process by recruiting academics with expertise in:
- Corporate Law
- Commercial Law
- Criminal Law
- Constitutional Law.
This will include:
- Delivering excellent teaching in assigned courses and make an outstanding contribution to the School's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs.
- Undertaking and publishing high-quality research in journals of national and international reputation.
- Actively contributing to the development of the School's research agenda, including a strong performance in Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).
- Participating in competitive external research funding activities and generate research income through application to major funding bodies.
- PhD in a relevant discipline from a top university.
- Extensive experience in undergraduate and postgraduate teaching and supervision at honours and/or doctoral levels.
- A research reputation in internationally recognised scholarly publications.
- Evidence of success in obtaining competitive external research funding.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Jenni LIghtowlers, Dean, Deakin Law School, Tel +61 3 9244 6003, email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 12 August 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.