Senior Lecturer in Product Development
SALARY RANGE: $116,428 to $133,881 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Lecturer in Product Development will be responsible for the development and delivery of teaching and research in the area of engineering product development, sports technology and/or consumer products.
This will include:
- Making a significant contribution within their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity.
- Making a significant contribution to research projects, including internal and external collaboration to create new insights and opportunities.
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes including, for example, in the cloud and Project Oriented Design Based Learning (PODBL).
- Making a significant contribution to the implementation of the University's Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in Engineering or a relevant field, or a relevant post graduate qualification and experience in Engineering.
- Clear evidence of potential to undertake industry-related or applied research in a field of Engineering that aligns to the School strengths.
- Ability to effectively contribute through both conventional teaching approaches and Project Oriented Design Based Learning (PODBL).
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations, with industry and with domestic educational and research institutions.
- Interpersonal skills that support the ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with a diverse range of people.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Associate Professor Paul Collins, Course Director - Mechanical Engineering, Tel: +61 3 5227 3428 Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 12 August 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.