Lecturer/Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Design Engineering
SALARY RANGE: $95,488 to $133,881 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lecturer or Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Design Engineering will be required to undertake research, teach, and publish in the area of Mechanical Design Engineering.
This will include:
- Contributing to their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity, specifically in the areas of Mechanical Design, Finite Element Analysis, Multi-body Dynamics and/or Advanced Manufacturing.
- Contributing to research projects and collaborations to create new insights and opportunities.
- Demonstrating excellent scholarly learning and teaching at the undergraduate level (including for example in the cloud and Project Oriented Design Based Learning (PODBL).
- Supporting local and international student recruitment strategies.
- PhD in Engineering or a relevant field, or a relevant post graduate qualification and experience in Mechanical Engineering.
- Clear evidence of potential to undertake industry-related or applied research in a field of Engineering that aligns to the areas of Mechanical Design, Finite Element Analysis, Multi-body Dynamics and/or Advanced Manufacturing.
- Ability to effectively contribute through both conventional teaching approaches and Project Oriented Design Based Learning (PODBL).
- Ability to contribute to the development and maintenance of partnerships with professional associations, with industry and with domestic educational and research institutions.
- Interpersonal skills that support the ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with a diverse range of people.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Associate Professor Paul Collins, Course Director - Mechanical Engineering, Tel: +61 3 5227 3428 , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 12 August 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.