Lecturer Level B/C in Business, Project Management or Information Systems
APIC is a dynamic Australian Higher Education Institute offering undergraduate and postgraduate degree courses in Business, Project Management and Information Systems from campuses in Sydney and Melbourne. At APIC we believe that education and professional development for lifelong learning are key to sustained success in a changing workplace and we seek to provide transformational learning experiences for students which are collaborative, active, reflective and applied.
The Lecturer Level B /C in Business, Project Management or Information Systems is a permanent full-time academic position based on either the APIC Sydney or Melbourne campus. The Lecturer Level B /C in Business, Project Management or Information Systems will have expertise in one or more cognate areas related to business, project management or information systems. The Lecturer Level B /C in Business, Project Management or Information Systems is expected to carry out academic duties of teaching and research / scholarship in their discipline, and administrative activities within the broader College that are appropriate to the level of appointment.
- Unit coordination and teaching in accordance with approved curriculum documentation.
- Assessment and feedback to students.
- Unit review and improvement.
- Contribute to relevant professional and / or academic forums.
- Undertake disciplinary research and/or scholarship of learning and teaching.
- Liaise with key stakeholders within and outside APIC to ensure course viability, recognition and reputation
- Develop positive teamwork through participation and communication
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with key academic and managerial staff members to ensure that academic standards are maintained and the needs of students are met .
- PhD in cognate discipline.
- Demonstrated ability to teach in higher education settings in an area relevant to business, project management or information systems.
- Demonstrated ability to develop teaching materials and coordinate units of study.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research leading to publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Capacity to undertake leadership roles in higher education institutions and to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to engage students in the learning process.
- computer literacy and competence in key software for the discipline.
- Demonstrated scholarship in relation to learning and teaching.
- Demonstrated capacity to undertake management activities in a higher education setting.
- Ability to develop links with external public and private sector organizations.
- Experience with mixed modes of program delivery including distance education and online delivery, or both.
All APIC staff are expected to:
- Read, understand and comply with all APIC College policies and procedures and comply with reasonable direction
- Demonstrate professional workplace behaviour in accordance with the Code of Conduct
- Comply with policy concerning Work Health and Safety (WHS) to ensure a safe work environment.
- Be aware of and follow processes for reporting any injury, hazard, illness or other risk immediately.
- Not place others at risk by any act or omission
Closing date for applications: 5pm 10 August 2018.