Head of School of Medical Sciences
- Opportunity to Lead One of the Largest Schools at UNSW
- Play significant role in in collaboration with the Dean in driving Excellence
- Reporting directly to Dean, Rodney Phillips
Play a significant role in driving change on an unprecedented scale within the Faculty of Medicine.
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The Faculty of Medicine at UNSW has embarked on the most substantial investment in its history. This investment centres on academic recruitment but also has a significant a capital component as well. This includes co-investment at the Randwick Health Precinct Development and capital planning with all our health partners, including the South Western Sydney Local Health District.
The Faculty is active in investment and recruitment across all formal research themes. We now seek a new Head of the School of Medical Sciences in which all four major research themes are represented and who will be charged with leading this discipline for the Faculty as a whole.
Responsibilities will include:
- Develop a plan for the School which plays to the strengths, priorities, academic environment and strategic needs of UNSW Medicine, its stakeholders and local communities.
- Promote high standards of academic excellence in teaching and learning, research and research training by establishing and communicating measures and expectations for academic and conjoint staff aligned to strategic needs and priorities.
- Drive the overall teaching performance of the School by providing a valuable student education experience and fostering and promoting a culture of innovation and excellence.
- Recruit and retain academic staff that excel in teaching and research and who align closely with the goals of the UNSW Medicine Strategy.
- Enhance the research profile of the School by improving the quality and quantity of research output and cross-collaboration with other Schools through alignment with and support for the Thematic approach of the Faculty.
About the Successful Applicant
You will be an academic leader, with a high reputation in research as well as forward planning. You will be expected to be able to set out an ambitious agenda for the future of demonstratable capacity for medical science teaching and research at UNSW. This is thus a senior leadership post which will attract appropriate remuneration.
Your academic interests are not proscribed, but it is expected that the successful candidate will have expertise in an aspect of laboratory based medical science.
Visit https://candidates.perrettlaver.com and enter reference #3691. Your application should include a CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description.
For further information, or for a confidential discussion about the role, please contact Lara Connolly at firstname.lastname@example.org or on +61 2 8354 4025.
Applications close: Monday 13th August 2018 noon AEST
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.
Protecting your personal data is of the upmost importance to Perrett Laver and we take this responsibility very seriously. Any information obtained by our trading divisions is held and processed in accordance with the relevant data protection legislation. The data you provide us with is securely stored on our computerised database and transferred to our clients for the purposes of presenting you as a candidate and/or considering your suitability for a role you have registered interest in.
As defined under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Perrett Laver is a Data Controller and a Data Processor, and our legal basis for processing your personal data is ‘Legitimate Interest’. You have the right to object to us processing your data in this way. For more information about this, your rights, and our approach to Data Protection and Privacy, please visit our website http://www.perrettlaver.com/information/privacy-policy/