Arts Higher Degree Research Officer
- Exciting career opportunity
- Work within an innovation and supportive environment
- Full-time, continuing
Macquarie is a university engaged with the real and often complex problems and opportunities that define our lives. One of the leading arts and humanities faculties in Australia, Macquarie's Faculty of Arts is home to bold thinkers and passionate educators who are asking the big questions about the world. United in the spirit of interdisciplinary discovery we explore the human story from its earliest foundations in ancient cultures to its exciting future. Our research is gaining global recognition and with six research centres, two museums and state-of-the-art media facilities, we empower our staff to transform themselves and the world around them.
The Arts Higher Degree Research Office (AHDR) Office works in partnership with the Faculty academic and professional staff, the University Higher Degree Research Office (HDRO) and other University stakeholders to deliver a high standard student-centred candidature management service. The AHDR Office manages the administration of the Arts Higher Degree Research (HDR) and Master of Research (MRES) programs at the Faculty level. It is responsible for the management of the full student cycle of research and research training pathway programs for domestic and international candidates.
Connect with us today.
We are seeking a suitably qualified Higher Degree Research (HDR) Officer to join Arts Higher Degree Research Team. Reporting to the Faculty Higher Degree Research Manager, you will provide specialist advice and apply effective case-management practices to deliver candidature management services. One of the key aspects of the position is assessing HDR and MRes Applications for admission and scholarship.
To be considered for this position, please apply online submitting your CV and cover letter/statement addressing each of the selection criteria below:
- Experience in the tertiary education sector, including experience in student administration, preferably in relation to higher degree research candidature administration
- Experience in interpreting, applying and advising on complex policies and procedures to a diverse audience, and in problem-solving and case-managing complex situations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated high level of flexibility, adaptability, organisational skills and working in a high-volume and time-sensitive environment
- Experience in using complex student administration systems
- Excellent computer literacy skills, including experience in using Microsoft Office applications and web-based software applications
For further information regarding this role please view the position description.
Salary Package: from $81,434 - $89,889 p.a. (Level 6), plus 17% employer's superannuation and annual leave loading
Appointment Type: full time, continuing appointment
Specific Role Enquiries: Maryanne Hozijan on email@example.com
Applications Close: Sunday, 5th August 2018 at 11.55 pm
Macquarie University is an EO Employer committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women (particularly for senior and non-traditional roles); Indigenous Australians, people who identify as GLBTIQ; and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
Applications need to be submitted through the Macquarie University online recruitment system. Where circumstances such as disability or remote location prohibit your access to our online system please contact the enquiries person listed in this advertisement for assistance.