Associate Professor in Auditing and Accounting
NTNU Business School
NTNU Business School is seeking applicants for an associate professor position in Auditing and Accounting. Should none of the applicants be qualified for the associate professor role, an appointment as assistant professor may be considered.
The position will be affiliated with the NTNU Business School at NTNU’s Faculty of Economics.
About the department
NTNU Business School offers education at Bachelor, Master and Doctoral level, in addition to part-time and continuing education. The school is steadily growing and has presently got around 1,300 students, and around 50 faculty members doing research in a variety of areas.
We offer education at a high academic level, educating highly qualified graduates to both the private and public sectors. After graduation our candidates are prepared for a variety of interesting job opportunities and we find that our graduates are in demand both regionally and nationally.
- Conduct research and teaching in accounting, financial reporting, auditing and related subjects
- Contribute to development of the accounting and auditing curriculum, especially at the master level
- Commitment to high-quality research and contribution to the research environment at NTNU Business School
- Develop and manage projects in cooperation with NTNUs experts in digital transformation and data analytics
- Supervise master students and PhD students
- Exam work and marking
All applicants for the associate professor position must hold a PhD in accounting, auditing or a related field and must have a strong commitment to research and teaching in the field of auditing and accounting. Candidates should show clear evidence and/or a strong potential for internationally-rated publications.
For the position as assistant professor, previous industrial experience and a professional ICT, finance, accounting or auditing qualification are desirable attributes. All applicants for the assistant professor position must possess a MSc degree in accounting and auditing. Candidates should show an interest in and potential for research, and aim to qualify as associate professor within 3 years.
Weight will be placed on pedagogical skills. If the candidate does not have prior formal pedagogical qualifications in university-level teaching, the candidate must complete a recognized course which gives a pedagogical qualification within the first two years of employment. NTNU offers such courses.
Proficiency in the English language must be documented. Proficiency in a Scandinavian language will be rated positively. New members of the academic staff who do not master a Scandinavian language are expected to achieve proficiency in Norwegian within three years of employment. This proficiency should correspond to level three in the “Norwegian for Foreigners” courses provided at NTNU.
Personal skills such as adaptability, cooperation skills and motivation for developing education and research at NTNU will also be emphasized.
The appointment is to be made in accordance with the regulations in force concerning State Employees and Civil Servants and the employee is expected to accept possible changes in work tasks.
Primary residency in Trondheim is a prerequisite.
The total obligation to work shall be divided into research within the field, teaching and administration. The division between these fields of work obligation will vary, but approximately equal time should be devoted to research and teaching.
- The associate professor is paid according to the national salary scheme, gross NOK 548 200 – 722 400 annually. Two percent of gross salary is deducted for the State Pension Scheme
- The assistant professor is paid according to the national salary scheme, gross NOK 416 600 – 579 300 annually. Two percent of gross salary is deducted for the State Pension Scheme
- Excellent opportunities for academic, personal and career development in Norways largest university
- Challenging, pleasant and supportive environment
- Good pension in the Norwegian Service Pension Fund
Applicants must, within the application deadline submit these following documents in the application website www.jobbnorge.no:
- CV and authorized documentation of certificates and study records
- Academic work (normally 5-10 such submissions)
- A description of all the academic work that the applicant considers most significant and that he/she wants the evaluation committee to pay particular attention to as well as plans for future research
- Pedagogical portfolio. (http://www.ntnu.edu/vacancies/pedagogical-qualifications)
- A list of all publications with bibliographical references
Joint work will be evaluated. If it is difficult to identify the contributions from individuals in a join piece of work, applicants should enclose a short descriptive summary of what he/she contributed to the work.
A good work environment is characterized by diversity. We encourage qualified candidates to apply regardless of gender, disabilities or cultural background. NTNU is an inclusive workplace.
Information about the applicants may be open to public inspection according to the Freedom of Information Act.
The best qualified candidates will be invited to do a trial lecture and have an interview at the department.
An application including attachments should be sent electronically through: www.jobbnorge.no. Relevant certificates and study records should be submitted electronically and authorized hard copies of study records and certificates will be requested from the candidates that are invited to an interview.
Application deadline: 8 July 2018
ABOUT THIS JOB
- Deadline Sunday, July 22, 2018
- Employer NTNU - Norwegian University of Science and Technology
- Municipality Trondheim
- Jobbnorge ID 153477
- Internal ID 2018/15574
- Scope Fulltime
- Duration Permanent
- Applications on this job are registered in an electronic form on jobbnorge.no
- You must complete: Academic CV
- Please refer to where you first saw this job advertised!