Information Technology Skills Coach and Assessor
7 days left
- Full Time
This role will be based in Glasgow & Edinburgh
To provide coaching and support to our Information Technology (I.T) apprentices either via face to face or telephone contact and to liaise with their employer to ensure they complete the requirements of their apprenticeship on time. The key element of the role includes making assessment decisions on their competence where appropriate. Providing a high level of professional advice and support to our I.T apprentices and their employers is also vitally important. BPP Professional Apprenticeships provides apprenticeships that lead to professional qualifications in Financial Services, Professional Services & Accounting, Business, I.T and Management.
The Scotland Apprenticeship Team are responsible for the delivery and success of BPP’s government contract with Skills Development Scotland. We have government targets to hit and we work hard to achieve them. The last 3 years has shown continual growth and on the back of the good work we do in Scotland we have a strong pipeline of new business coming into the team. The team work from home, client premises, as well as from our Head Office in Livingston.
- Assessing and supporting I.T candidates through an apprenticeship programme in line with timeframes set out on their Individual Learning Plan.
- Accountable for meeting government targets set for your cohort of apprentices
- Carrying out reviews either in person or on the phone with apprentices and line managers
- Provide information, support and guidance to allocated cohort of apprentices on all components of their apprenticeship to ensure successful completion
- Establish professional working relationships with clients
- Build effective working relationships with the wider business, for example BPP’s central client team based in London
- Embrace the BPP codes of practice
- Administration to include funding paperwork, reporting and diary management
- To achieve a minimum of 75% achievement rates
- Effectively undertaking any other duties as required
Joining a growing team will naturally create opportunities in the Scotland Apprenticeship Team. Opportunities perhaps to get involved with other areas of the business, including for example undertaking Internal Verification qualifications which may lead to opportunities to progress into a higher role within the team.
Skills, knowledge, qualifications required for job:
- Assessor qualified with I.T occupational competence is highly desirable
- Non assessor qualified applications would be considered for the role providing there is occupational competence
- Knowledge and experience of assessing IT frameworks
- Professional working ethos to be able to effectively build business relationships with large corporate clients
- Strong communication skills
- Effective time management and organisation skills
- Ability to work effectively on own and as part of a team
- Have an outlook of wanting to achieve excellence in all aspects of the role
- A professional qualification is highly desirable
- UK driving licence
The successful candidate will be required to undergo a DBS check, financial screening and checks on driving licence / points