Career Advisor, Graduate Tax Program, School of Law
Boston University School of Law’s Graduate Tax Program (GTP) is designed to provide domestic and international lawyers with an in-depth look at current tax law. The program’s student body is comprised of both recent graduates of law schools and experienced practitioners in the areas of law and accounting.
The Office of Graduate and International Programs seeks a temporary, part-time Career Advisor to handle all aspects of professional development for the GTP’s full-time and part-time LL.M. students. This is a nine-month, thirty hours per week contract position to start in late August. The compensation is $30/hour.
Job Responsibilities include:
- Serving as the main point person for all GTP career-related issues, queries and events.
- Advising GTP students on career options and networking and preparing individual job search plans.
- Reviewing resumes, cover letters and business correspondence and running mock interviews.
- Organizing and running programs and events, including career panels, visits with alumni and employers and off-campus visits to tax employers and tax-related venues in the Boston area.
- Helping to organize and run (with staff from other law schools) the Tax Attorney Recruiting Event (TARE) in Washington DC (which will likely be held on Thursday, February 21, 2019).
- Monitoring tax-related jobs and opportunities.
- Communicating with students about tax-related jobs and opportunities and regularly posting opportunities on BU’s job databases.
- Entering student and alumni data into various databases and keeping track of student and alumni interview and job placement information.
- A J.D. degree
- Practice experience, ideally in tax or estate planning
- An interest in or ability to succeed at career advising
- Knowledge of legal careers, legal job resources and the job market
- Experience in working with international lawyers/students
- Demonstrated organizational and oral and written communication skills
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Tax Career Advisor Application” the subject line of your email.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Boston , Massachusetts, United States