DNA Sequencing Section Leader
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology
DNA Sequencing Section Leader
The Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST; see www.oist.jp) is a dynamic new graduate university of science and technology in Okinawa Prefecture, Japan. The university is located on 85 hectares of protected forestland overlooking beautiful shoreline and coral reefs. The campus is striking architecturally, and the facilities are outstanding (OIST campus video tour). There are no academic departments, which facilitates multidisciplinary research. Outstanding resources and equipment are provided and managed to encourage easy access and collaboration. English is the official language of the University, and the university research community is fully international, with more than 50 countries represented. OIST is rapidly gaining recognition in the worldwide academic community as a model for excellence in education and research.
DNA Sequencing Section, Research Support Division
The Research Support Division (RSD) shall contribute to research and education by providing excellent common research facilities and research support services for the researchers and students at OIST. Technical sections of RSD shall provide maintenance of common equipment/facilities, operation training, fair access, consultation on experimental design and choice of methods/instruments, and technical support on data acquisition and analysis. Administrative sections of RSD shall provide support on grant applications, collaborations, health and safety and other support to research activities.
As one of the technical sections of RSD, DNA Sequencing Section provides support to researchers in promoting advances in biological science by providing genomic analyses services. Services offered include next-generation sequencing (NGS) support in a wide range of NGS applications, such as de novo genome sequencing, re-sequencing, RNA sequencing, and ChIP sequencing, etc. Currently, the section has seven NGS sequencers: one Hiseq4000, two Illumina HiSeq2500, two MiSeq, one PacBio RSII, and one Life Technologies Ion Proton. In addition, the section owns capillary sequencers, realtime PCR, microarray and etc. for common use.
Term & Working hours:
Term: Full-time, fixed term appointment for 2 years. Contract initially with 3-month probationary period (inclusive). This contract may be renewed.
Working hours: 9:00-17:30 (Discretionary)
Compensation & Benefits:
Compensation in accordance with the OIST Employee Compensation Regulations
Annual salary: 6.1 million ~ 14.3 million yen (Job class: Research Support Leader RS4)
- Relocation, housing and commuting allowances
- Annual paid leave and summer holidays
- Health insurance (Private School Mutual Aid http://www.shigakukyosai.jp/ )
- Welfare pension insurance (kousei-nenkin)
- Worker’s accident compensation insurance (roudousha-saigai-hoshou-hoken)
How to Apply:
Apply by emailing your Submission Documents to:
or send by post to the following address:
HR Recruiting Support Section
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University
1919-1, Onna, Onna-son, Okinawa 904-0495, Japan
- Curriculum vita in English (and Japanese if available)
- Cover letter in English (and Japanese if available)
- Names and contact information of 3~5 referees, one of which should be a previous employer
* Please be sure to indicate where you first saw the job advertisement.
Application Due Date:
August 31, 2018 (Applications will be screened upon arrival)
- OIST Graduate University is an equal opportunity, affirmative action educator and employer and is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, students and staff. The University strongly encourages women and minority candidates to apply.
- Information provided by applicants or references will be kept confidential, documents will not be returned. All applicants will be notified regarding the status of their applications.
- Please view our policy for rules on external professional activities (https://groups.oist.jp/acd/information-disclosure/).
- Further details about the University can be viewed on our website (www.oist.jp).
Apply for DNA Sequencing Section Leader
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly