Executive Officer, Academic Innovation and Change
- Varied role working alongside our PVC – Academic Innovation & Change
- HEW 8, 2 year fixed-term position
- Shape the transformation of how we develop Future Ready Learners
About the job
Working Swinburne-wide, we are looking for an Executive Officer to join our academic leadership team. In consultation with our Pro Vice-Chancellor Academic Innovation & Change, you will research the external market for industry trends and best practice in teaching innovation, to provide insight reports and make recommendations of new approaches to teaching and learning. With your high levels of organisation, you will be able to coordinate a portfolio of cross-university projects and initiatives.
Swinburne’s emphasis is on high quality, engaged teaching and research in science, technology, business, design and innovation – teaching and research that makes a difference in the lives of individuals and contributes to national economic and social objectives.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Extensive experience in a high-level advisory role, which required strategic, creative, planning and management functions.
- Well-developed analytical, conceptual and problem solving skills, including the ability to interpret and effectively communicate policies, strategies and procedures within a complex and often-sensitive environment.
- Excellent written communication skills including the ability to research, prepare reports, policy documents presentations and take accurate minutes.
- Previous work experience in a tertiary or policy driven environment would be highly regarded
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description
- Participate in regular staff and management development programs, including 50% study fee reduction
- Hawthorn Aquatic and Leisure Centre (HALC) discounted memberships
- Flexible working arrangements
- Salary package your car parking, superannuation and vehicle lease plans. It can help you get the most value from what you earn.
Discover more discounts when you start at Swinburne. Receive movie tickets and staff membership options at the Swinburne bookshop. Theres news subscriptions and computer and software discounts on offer.
Further information and how to apply
The diverse culture within Swinburne is a source of strength. We are proud to be recognised by the Workplace Gender Equality Agency as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2016 and of key initiatives such as our Pride@Swinburne Strategic Action Plan and our Reconciliation Action Plan which are integral components of our 2025 vision to be world class university creating social and economic impact through science, technology and innovation. Swinburne has also received the Victorian “High Commendation” Multicultural Excellence Award (Business Category).
To view the position description or to start an application click on apply' at the bottom of this page and submit a resume, cover letter and response to the Key Selection Criteria, as listed in the Position Description.
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Ania Gruba (Recruitment Consultant) on 03 9214 4856.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on email@example.com, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on DeadlyCareers@swin.edu.au.
Applications close at 5 pm on Friday 26th July 2018