Research Engineer in Robotics
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality technical support to the research center and projects thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- To support the research and educational activities of the robotics center, including supporting student teams on robotic competitions and providing lab instructions.
- Provides Lab/technical support to robotics center’s research and development projects.
- Coordinates day to day operations of the assigned laboratory and the assigned laboratory staff;
- Ensures work is carried out and performed to the required standards;
- Supports in lab instruction, when required;
- Monitors and maintains an organized, clean and safe working environment in labs and ensures compliance with work related legal, health and safety standards;
- Contributes to recruitment, training, development and performance appraisal of the assigned lab staff;
- Ensures stock of equipment and consumables within a pre‐set level of expenditure;
- Supports in identifying and purchasing of lab equipment, following consultation with appropriate faculty and working closely with procurement/facilities management/fiancé departments
- Supports in budget preparation by highlighting resource requirements such as equipment, manpower and space;
- Contributes to development of policies and procedures of Dept.
- Advises faculty and students on all aspects of technical support services
- Works closely with direct supervisor to provide excellent lab services to faculty, students and researchers.
- Assisting in supervising undergraduate and graduate students in their projects in the labs.
- MSc on Mechanical, Electronics, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Any relevant certifications are added advantage.
- Excellent English language both spoken and written.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess required knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the job effectively.
- Experience with scientific computing software (Matlab, LabView, SPSS).
- Basic knowledge in programming (e.g. C, C++)
- A minimum of 3 years of Laboratory Work Experience in Robotics related projects / Electronic Circuits, Microcontroller Electronics and Embedded system design would be preferred.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement