Postdoctoral Fellow in Mechanical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- To work on the development of a new compliant robotic manipulator for safe human-robot co-working in industrial applications. The candidate will be working on the following tasks
- Research on design, modeling and control of variable stiffness compliant joint
- Design and develope a new compliant robot arm based on the proposed variable stiffness joint
- Modeling the robot arm and verify the model with simulation and experiments
- Propose control for using the developed robot arm system in the human-robot collaboration and safe interaction.
- Conduct experiments and demo to validate proposed methods
- Publish high-quality journal and international conference papers based on the obtained research results
- PhD or equivalent doctorate (e.g. ScD, MD, DVM)
- In-depth experience with design, mechatronics, system integration, programming, modeling and control of robot manipulators.
- In-depth experience with fabrication, sensing, programming using Matlab, C++, Python, ROS, etc. Excellent writing and communication skills, strong publication records.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement