The College of Sciences and Engineering (CSE) was formed on January 2018 and incorporates the School of Technology, Environments and Design, School of Natural Sciences, Australian Maritime College (AMC), Institute of Marine and Antarctic Studies (IMAS) and Tasmanian Institute of Agriculture (TIA). The College provides world-class research and teaching, offering undergraduate and postgraduate programs at the University's Hobart, Launceston, Sydney and Cradle Coast (Burnie) campuses.
The Executive Officer is located in the School of Technology, Environments & Design and is responsible for undertaking a range of activities which contribute to the School's day to day operational activities.
In this role you will:
- Ensure high level executive and administrative support to the Head of School ensuring that all correspondence from the Head of School's Office is well written, fit for the specific audience, quality assured and conveyed in a timely manner.
- Undertake research as directed on business development initiatives and draft findings for School and College use, including reviewing and providing advice to improve the policies, procedures and operational processes related to school functions and support to academic staff.
- Provide effective management of day to day administration needs of the School including finance, audit & risk, work health and safety, record management and human resources.
- Facilitate the collation and dissemination of information within the School, the College and the wider University, to enable timely and accurate management decision making and application of University policies and procedures.
- As a team member, proactively coordinate the successful management of learning and teaching and research activities across the School, including any key student related activities.
- Actively contribute to business development, marketing and communications activities as required, acting both as a contributor to plans and activities, and as a point of contact and coordination as directed by the Senior Executive Officer for the Head of School and Business Manager.
- Support the Head of School's participation in University and external committees, meetings and events by ensuring the incumbent is well briefed and provided with papers, speaking notes, presentations and key information in a timely manner.
To be considered you will have:
- A University Degree with relevant work-related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Highly developed interpersonal and verbal communication skills, including ability to exercise diplomacy, discretion and confidentiality.
- Proven ability to provide executive support for relevant meetings, including the ability to analyse and prepare reports and other associated documentation.
- Highly developed administration and organisational skills, with demonstrated ability to exercise judgement on work methods and task sequence in order to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team culture, contributing to team planning and shared tasks with confidence and sensitivity towards team members.
- A high level of computer literacy, including competence in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word, and in other database operations.
Based in Hobart, the appointment will be offered on an ongoing, fixed-term (12 month) basis. This position may be converted to a full-time, ongoing position at the end of this period.
Appointment to this role will be at HEO Level 6 and will have a total remuneration package of up to $95,962 comprising a base salary within the range of $75,022 to $82,019 plus 17% superannuation.
For further information regarding this position please contact Raelene Nicholas, Senior Executive Officer on 61 3 6324 3486 or email Raelene.Nicholas@utas.edu.au.
Applications must as a minimum include a résumé, a cover letter and responses to the position criteria which are identified in the position description. Applications for this position should be made via the University of Tasmania website at www.utas.edu.au/jobs.
The closing date for applications is 29 July 2018.