Manager, Business Operations
University of Sydney Business School
- Lead transformation, change and business operations for the Faculty
- Provide strategic advice and management support on operational activities
- Full-time continuing role, Level HEO9, remuneration package: $138K to $146K p.a. which includes base salary, leave loading and up to 17% super
About the opportunity
In this new and diverse role, you will join the Faculty professional leadership team to administer and manage the transformation, change and business operations activity for the Faculty and lead the Faculty in achieving operational objectives.
The position is responsible for providing strategic advice and management support to the Faculty General Manager on a broad range of issues, reviews and business functions relating to ICT, Facilities, Finance, Procurement and Governance projects.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance in recruiting talent aligned to these values in the pursuit of research excellence. We are looking for a Manager, Business Operations who possesses:
- postgraduate qualifications with extensive relevant experience in operations management, business administration or related field and/or equivalent combination of relevant training and experience
- demonstrated experience in effective management of business operational matters, administrative systems, processes and governance requirements
- extensive experience in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with senior stakeholder including Faculty leaders and key staff in central portfolios and professional units such as ICT, Finance, HR, Facilities, Legal and Marketing & Communications.
- strong business acumen and strategic thinking skills together with effective leadership and people management skills
- excellent proven management experience including change management, training, mentoring, performance management and resolving HR issues
- excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills including tact and discretion in dealing with a variety of matters
- superior independence and team work skills
The Business School is a diverse and interesting workplace with a keen focus on building relationships with the business community and influencing the way they operate. You’d join a large group of committed and professional people in an intellectually stimulating and positive environment.
The University of Sydney Business School has a global reputation for excellence in dynamic, industry-connected teaching, learning and research. The Business School is large by international standards, with 458 (FTE) highly qualified staff and 8,967 (EFTSL) students from diverse backgrounds enrolled in a comprehensive suite of undergraduate, postgraduate coursework and postgraduate research programs including the MBA and the Global Executive MBA.
We’re Australia's first university and have an outstanding global reputation for academic and research excellence. Across our campuses, we employ more than 6,000 academic and non-academic staff who support over 60,000 students.
Note: visa sponsorship is not available for this position
How to apply
For more information on the position and University, please view the candidate information pack available from the job’s listing on the University of Sydney careers website.
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website.
Visit sydney.edu.au/recruitment and search by the reference number 1027/0518C to apply.
Closing date: 11:30pm, 26 July 2018 (Sydney time)
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.