Head of Careers and Employment
- Lead and embed a university-wide shared services delivery model
- Deliver a key challenge of the UNSW 2025 strategy
- 12-month fixed term contract
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
UNSW Student Support and Services (Student Client Services, Student Support and Systems, Student Life and Community and the Pro-Vice Chancellor Education) partner with UNSW Faculties, to deliver a great student experience. Our tiered service model will deliver a central service for enquiry management whilst maintaining a local presence within UNSW Faculties, and other locations, for specialised services.
Offering a range of courses, programs, services, events and resources for students aimed at building the necessary skills to gain part-time, internship and graduate employment, Careers and Employment also work with academics to embed career development learning within the curriculum, development and delivery of co-curricular career education seminars, individual career advice sessions with students; a range of employer programs and several niche career development programs.
Reporting to the Academic Director, Student Academic & Career Success. This opportunity will suit a careers or student services executive leader with change management expertise to enhance the centralised university-wide service delivery model. Key will be the leadership of a team of careers consultants, and extensive collaboration with other key stakeholders across all UNSW faculties, who deliver a broad range of employment and careers activities to students and recent alumni. Expanding relationships with employers and other external groups locally and internationally to promote recruitment of UNSW students and graduates is also essential.
About the successful applicant
You can demonstrate your extensive experience managing careers and employability programs including:
- Strategic and operational leadership in a rapidly changing and complex environment
- Expert knowledge of national and global employment markets, tertiary education sector and graduate opportunities
- Excellent communication, representation, negotiation, presentation and liaison skills with high level analytical, strategic and creative problem-solving ability
- Collaborative and team-oriented approach; able to quickly establish and maintain credibility at senior management level and with the wider team
- Substantial experience initiating, managing and sustaining innovative programs and projects
- Professional member (or eligible for registration) of the National Association of Graduate Career Advisory Services (NAGCAS)
To Apply: If ensuring that UNSW students can achieve their career and employability potential in a global marketplace is of interest to you, please submit your CV, cover letter and responses to selection criteria nominated in the Position Description.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
T: +61 2 9385 2401
Applications close: 11pm, Monday 7th August 2018
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. Indigenous Australians are encouraged to apply. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.