Senior Research Development Manager, Research Strategy Office
- Lead research grant funding applications for a Go8 university
- Provide strategic and operational leadership to the team
- 2IC to the Director, Research Strategy Office
- Located in Sydney, Australia
- 5 year fixed term contract
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work. We aspire to be Australia’s global university, improving and transforming lives through excellence in research, outstanding education and a commitment to advancing a just society.
The Research Strategy Office works with Faculties, research teams and researchers to initiate, facilitate and secure new national and international research funding bids and Fellowships; and develop ongoing strategies to ensure that UNSW enhances its research profile and increases the level, quality and diversity of research funding.
Reporting to the Director, Research Strategy Office, you will lead a team of 4 managers in the development and delivery of major research initiatives, funding opportunities and prestigious grants schemes across UNSW research activities, and support opportunities aligned with UNSW’s research strategy. This includes providing proactive strategic advice and assistance in the development of high quality, competitive research grant applications and major research opportunities for UNSW researchers across all types of research activity and funding. Additionally, you will represent the RSO and the Director at meetings and act for the Director during periods of leave. The position is a senior member of the RSO and contributes to the development of strategic plans, policy and procedural documents and operational protocols for the RSO and undertakes process and documentation reviews.
About the Successful Applicant
You can demonstrate your leadership and expertise in research grants funding within a higher education institution. Specific requirements include:
- Relevant qualification and experience in a major research, industry or Government portfolio
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the Australian higher education research environment and funding schemes
- Track record in providing support and feedback to applicants throughout the development of major research funding proposals or business case development and delivery in industry or Government
- Project management capabilities with evidence of high level of prioritisation and time management skills
- Ability to mentor and supervise staff with varying qualifications and experience
- Demonstrated negotiation and consultation skills, and discretion dealing with sensitive and confidential matters
To Apply: Please submit your CV, cover letter and responses to the selection criteria listed in the Position Description.
Talent Acquisition Consultant
t: 02 9385 2401
Applications close: 11pm Monday, 13th August 2018
UNSW aspires to be the exemplar Australian university and employer of choice for people from diverse backgrounds. UNSW aims to ensure equality in recruitment, development, retention and promotion of staff, and that no-one is disadvantaged on the basis of their gender, cultural background, disability, sexual orientation or identity. We encourage everyone who meets the selection criteria to apply.