Postdoctoral Fellow in Chemical Engineering
The newly-established Khalifa University of Science and Technology combines The Masdar Institute of Science and Technology, Khalifa University of Science, Technology and Research and The Petroleum Institute into one world-class, research-intensive institution, seamlessly integrating research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in applied science and engineering. Khalifa University of Science and Technology endeavors to be a leader among research intensive universities of the 21st century, while catalyzing the growth of Abu Dhabi and the UAE’s rapidly developing knowledge economy.
- To provide high quality research support and undertake internationally competitive research aimed at publication thereby contributing to the academic and research mission of the University.
- Since the Postdoctoral experience is transitional to becoming an independent researcher or faculty member, the Postdoctoral tries their best to acquire the varied skills necessary to advance their career with guidance from the advisor. These skills include, but are not limited to, the ability to present research plans and findings in a convincing style, both in oral and written modes of communication, the ability to understand research group management and supervision of others, the ability to establish contacts and network with colleagues pursuing a similar research agenda, the ability to organize and teach a class or a course if more inclined towards a teaching career.
- Presentation of project results to internal and external parties.
- Perform statistical analysis to judge validity and reliability of data.
- Engaged in fieldwork and writing of technical publications and academic reports
- May supervise or train research group and senior design projects
- Knowledge of advanced material handling
- Organizational and project management skills
- The ability to work effectively with people from variety of culturally diverse backgrounds
- A doctorate degree in the field of nanotechnology in chemical engineering or material science.
How To Apply
You will be required to attach the following:
- Passport-size photograph
- Teaching and Research Statement